Monday, June 6, 2011

Long time, no blog.

Hey everyone. It's Amelia. It's been a long time since I've been on Blogger. I never really explained my absence, so here goes.


I started my prolonged break from feminist blogging (and reading news, in general) when I was going through my first major depressive episode. I was having a difficult time dealing with my personal issues and was unable to handle the stress of being aware of the large world which is, as we all know, filled with terrible problems alongside some amazing triumphs.


At that same time, I was focusing on finishing my undergraduate studies at Knox College. I graduated cum laude from that school on Saturday.


Basically, my life right now is up in the air. I know I want to get training as a volunteer advocate for sexual assault victims. I know I want to write and perform poetry. But I currently have no job.

We will see where I end up, but for the time being, I can't promise I'll do more blogging. 


I would like to offer a round of applause to Victoria. Without her work, this blog would not exist. Please leave her some love.



Take care, all of you.

2 comments:

Saranga said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well Amelia.

Ashley said...

*hugs* It's a tough world and it's good to see that you're working your way through it and through whatever issues are plaguing you. It's hard at times, I know all too well.

Writing and performing poetry is an excellent outlet. I know that's how I help myself...I write.

Stay strong.