Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On Wisconsin!

Wisconsin, my home state, recently legalized domestic partnership between same-sex couples - not fantastic since the state still has a gay marriage ban on the books, but a step in the right direction.

Monday was the first day for couples to register and sure enough, couples were waiting at courthouse doors to legalize their rights. Included in those couples was John, a friend of mine from high school, and his husband who were legally married a few years ago in Canada.

Congratulations! I'm excited you can now legally visit your spouse in the hospital when something serious happens. And, you know, all the good stuff that goes along with it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good stuff

Unknown said...

I wish I were gay so I could take advantage of this.

Zippa said...

Hullo, Wisconsin! Welcome to the party.