Sunday, April 6, 2008

Feminism is a part of my daily life

I think about feminism a lot, even when I'm not blogging here at Female Impersonator. Yes, I am also taking a class about feminist methodologies for my minor in Gender and Women's Studies, but even if I wasn't, feminism would still consume some part of my life because it affects my life and the lives of more people than realize it.

Over at Feministe the other day, I found this open letter to white feminists, written by Jessica Hoffman. It discusses the discrepancies between the feminism of white women and the feminism of women of color, and is very interesting. I think that anyone who reads this blog and identifies as a feminist should read this.

The above link also connected to some reading I have been doing for one of my classes. Conquest: Sexual Violence and American Indian Genocide by Andrea Smith.

I recommend these two pieces to anyone who has any interest in other important feminist perspectives.

No comments: