Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Introduction!

Hi, I'm Lindsay and it's been 30 minutes since my last post.

I'm new here and I thought I'd let you know a bit about me and my particular interests before I start rambling.

Right now I'm finishing up my first year as a Master's student at Yale Divinity School. I'm in the Religion and the Visual Arts concentration, hoping after YDS to get a PhD. My academic interests focus mostly on the intersections of film, religion and gender, but I'm also concerned with visual and material culture and thanatology (because the best conversation starter is "When you put on your clothes this morning, did you ever stop to wonder if you might die today? Are you ok having that be the last outfit you wore?").

I also run Overheard at Yale Divinity School. If you're into cheesy religious humor, check it out. Or just cheesy humor in general.

My favorite director is Martin Scorsese and if I had to choose one thing to take with me to a deserted island, it would be Q-tips.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would take q-tips. A little bit obsessive I think?
Kari

lindsay said...

I just love clean ears.

lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.