Saturday, August 30, 2008

RNC Protest Info

Here's the info from my sister:

Here is what I've found thus far. These are not all feminist organizations, but they seem interesting possibilities.

The Liberty Parade. Not a protest but apparently a "big rolling art explosion" on Nicollet mall in downtown Mlps.
www.libertyparade2008.com
Sunday, August 31st. 1:00-3:00 pm

March on the RNC. Anti-war protest.
Assembly at 11:00 am at the capital. March to Xcel
www.marchonrnc.org
Monday, September 1st.

14 Women. Move screening. Explores advantages and disadvantages of being a female politician in today's political climate.
http://www.vita.mn/event_detail.php?event_id=63491
Tuesday, September 2nd. 12:30-3:30pm.

My favorite, although not during the RNC.
Planned Parenthood fundraiser with Garrison Keillor, Mayor R.T. Rybak, and Mayor Chris Coleman.
$75 donation gets you a ticket.
September 12th. 5:30-7:00 pm.
http://www.ppaction.org/ppmsd/events/afev208/details.tcl

Plus:
A ton of things going on for Code Pink. Here is their calendar.
http://codepinkalert.org/article.php?id=4287
Wish I could be there... with you in spirit, friends.

2 comments:

Goose said...

This may not be the perfect place, but since you mention the RNC, I felt I would ask, I have been checking this blog often since McCain made the Palin anouncement, I would love to see what takes the various authors have on the pick.

Mike said...

Maybe all of these protesters should focus their efforts on something productive. Like getting something together to help with relief once the hurricane hits. But I wouldn't expect it from these self-servers...