Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hillary Clinton to receive honorary degree from Yale

I may have vested interest in this as a soon-to-be Yale graduate, but word is that Hillary Clinton will be receiving an honorary degree from Yale tomorrow.

I'm a huge fan and I'm so excited to be at the same ceremony as our Secretary of State, who just recently, approved benefits for same-sex partners of diplomats.

Here's a video of our kick ass Secretary of State:



excerpt: We happen to think that family planning is an important part of women's health—and reproductive health includes access to abortion, that I believe should be safe, legal, and rare. I spent a lot of my time trying to bring down the rate of abortions, and it has been my experience that good family planning and good medical care brings down the rate of abortion. Keeping women and men in ignorance and denied the access to services actually increases the rate of abortion.

Secretary Clinton, congratulations and keep up the good feminist work!

No comments: