Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Little Victories: Superhero edition

I talked to my grandparents today who recently attended my 4 year old cousin's graduation from pre-kindergarten. They said it was a nice ceremony and all the students got certificates for graduating and going on to kindergarten.

At one point in the ceremony, the teachers all asked the students what they wanted to be when they grew up. Grace, my cousin, rocked the answer like none other. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, she said, "I want to be a female superhero."

While the nitpick in me thinks that she didn't need to add the signifier "female" to superhero, I'll let that rest and just rejoice in the fact that my 4 year old cousin wants to be a superhero. And damn it, she'll do it too.

3 comments:

Sylphstorm said...

This is where I wish it was like Facebook on here and I could just click "like".

Because that rocks my face.

Amelia said...

Wow, Lindsay, I think my reaction to this was exactly the same as yours. I can't wait to see all the superhero things your awesome-sounding cousin does!

Saranga said...

That's brilliant :-)