Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Klobuchar proves women politicans can be funny

Remember how women can't be funny? Well, Senator Amy Klobuchar's (D-MN) got something to say about that.

Writing her own jokes, she stole the evening at a Washington Press Club Foundation event a few weeks back. The whole thing is pretty funny - lots of cracks at the Democratic Party, but here's a few of the best ones:
I set an all-time US Senate record, and this is true, I raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends. Speaker Pelosi, I may have the all-time record in the Senate, but I know in the House, that record is held by Barney Frank.

...
When I got here I made all kind of committee requests: finance or appropriations, commerce, foreign relations.

So somehow I got placed on the subcommittee on Oceans. I’m from Minnesota and I was placed on the subcommittee on Oceans!

It’s like being from Illinois, Rahm Emmanuel and being placed on Ethics.

I finally figured it out why Harry put me on Oceans for one reason: I can see Lake Superior from my porch.

...
But I love [Minnesota's] lakes. And it was great to take Barack Obama to campaign in Minnesota. Because with 10,000 lakes he had plenty of water to walk on.
So good... SO good. Read the whole thing here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard about this. Thanks for posting--these are really good!