Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there!

Unfortunately, I can't even take my mom out for brunch! But I want to make sure she knows that I'm thinking of her.

I especially want to thank my mom because she has recently started selling Silpada Jewelry because of the work the company does with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I was diagnosed with type I (juvenile) diabetes when I was twelve, and my mom has always been a huge supporter of mine when it comes to me living a normal life despite my disease. Choosing to work with a company that is supporting research for diabetes is a small way to show that my mom really cares, and it means a lot to me.

Thanks, Mom, for one of the many ways you support me and show that you care. I hope you have a great Mother's Day.

1 comment:

deb said...

Thanks, I love you and I would have traded places with you a millions times if that were possible.
I am reading a book that I think all moms should read, it is by Gloria Steinem and is called Revolution from Within: A Book of Self-Esteem.
After years of taking care of others, we now have to learn to take care of ourselves.
The WHY in my new business venture is very much about pojd.org , but it also about personal growth and becoming a better version of myself now that my daughters have grown.
I love you Aim, thanks for the post. mom