Friday, May 7, 2010

Blogger Appreciation

**This is the first post of a new series I am starting in order to share some positivity for the bloggers I truly admire. Blogging can be hard work, and these people deserve to have that work acknowledged. I will link to the sites of all these bloggers, and I highly recommend you check them out.**

This week's letter goes out to Melissa, founder and manager of the blog Shakesville.

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for running one of my favorite feminist/progressive blogs ever. I have consistently read Shakesville since I first began identifying as a feminist back in 2007 and have never ceased to be impressed with the quality of posts that are published by you and others at your place. You have also fostered an impressive community that any progressive blogger would be lucky to have.

It is obvious that you work hard to cover many of the bases that should be touched upon in a progressive blog, and you handle yourself in a professional and caring manner that I admire deeply.

Not to mention, your blog, while covering some serious and important issues, is fun. My life would not be the same without
"OMG Shoez," "Pathetic Anger Bread," or the "Boob Pistol of Disdain." These things help remind me that I am not alone in dealing with personal insults and general ignorance and hatred for speaking up about my politics, and if you can handle yourself in a constructive manner, so can I.

You are brave, authentic, and you do good work so well. Thank you for starting a blog to which I make sure to send all new feminists that I meet, as well as your continuing efforts to make the world a better place.

Fondly,
Amelia

2 comments:

Melissa McEwan said...

*blush*

Thank you, Amelia. :)

Amelia said...

I just published this comment because, for some reason, comments weren't being sent to my e-mail address for moderation. But you're very welcome! And thanks for reading. Knowing you saw this makes me blush. :)